The company behind the NASDAQ stock exchange has said that last week's three-hour outage was partly its own fault, but mostly the fault of rival exchange firm NYSE Arca. The glitch forced Nasdaq to take trading offline on Thursday last week – and thousands of Nasdaq-listed stocks were frozen in place for three hours across the …
Speeded up (possibly inadvertent) replay attack, says another source
Posted without comment:
DoS attack by business rival?
Just getting my tinfoil hat out.
No NASDAQ, it's entirely your fault. If your system falls over if people are sending too many messages too quickly, you implement rate-limiting...
- 'Windows 9' LEAK: Microsoft's playing catchup with Linux
- Infosec geniuses hack a Canon PRINTER and install DOOM
- Game Theory Half a BILLION in the making: Bungie's Destiny reviewed
- Review A SCORCHIO fatboy SSD: Samsung SSD850 PRO 3D V-NAND
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland