back to article VMware bursts into public cloud with vCHS

Here is how the cloud infrastructure market works: you can compete with Amazon Web Services and commit yourself to punishing capital expenditures as you build out your data centers, or you can try and come up with a service that does something Amazon doesn't, and charge a premium for it. Take a guess as to which one VMware …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Should have used Video 8 instead

So let me get this straight; VMWare can't afford to compete with Amazon, so they're using VHS-C for storage (possibly via some old camcorders they got on eBay) and could maybe run it on some old Oric Atmos machines EMC found in their attic beside some 1980s Beano annuals? Got it, thanks!

Serioiusly, I got the impression that this was written for those already up-to-speed on the cloud business, and took away from it that the advantage VMWare's offering has over Amazon's is that it lets businesses migrate their existing virtual machines into running on The Cloud-based hardware- right?

2. Liam Proven Silver badge

No, I think they're allowing virtual Cylinder/Head/Sector addressing. Well, that's what CHS immediately says to me, anyway.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like