Start-up storage shindig Scale Computing has crafted SCRIBE, an object store directly accessible by a hypervisor that replaces physical storage arrays and virtual ones (VSAs) like VMware's own vSAN. SCRIBE, says Scale, is an architecture for expanding hyper-convergence to a complete, distributed software-defined environment. It …
NaW, stop it now!
Virty - Not a Word. It's a crappy contraction of 'virtual' and doesn't have the least hint of 'dirty' about it. Now, virtual sex - that's virty! If it ain't NSFW, it's not virty at all. Heed Rupert Bear and STOP IT!*
*Those who remember the far end of the Kings Road in the late 1960s may understand the reference:-)
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...