Start-up storage shindig Scale Computing has crafted SCRIBE, an object store directly accessible by a hypervisor that replaces physical storage arrays and virtual ones (VSAs) like VMware's own vSAN. SCRIBE, says Scale, is an architecture for expanding hyper-convergence to a complete, distributed software-defined environment. It …
NaW, stop it now!
Virty - Not a Word. It's a crappy contraction of 'virtual' and doesn't have the least hint of 'dirty' about it. Now, virtual sex - that's virty! If it ain't NSFW, it's not virty at all. Heed Rupert Bear and STOP IT!*
*Those who remember the far end of the Kings Road in the late 1960s may understand the reference:-)
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Worstall on Wednesday Wall Street woes: Oh noes, tech titans aren't using bankers
- Video of US journalist 'beheading' pulled from social media