There are only so many ways you can build a gigantic infrastructure cloud, so it is with little surprise that Google has introduced a snapshot feature already found in Amazon Web Services. The "Differential Snapshots" feature was announced by Google in a post to the Google Compute Engine Google group on Monday, and the Chocolate …
Has anyone done any Serious Work with Google's new cloud offerings? I would love to know if Google Compute Engine is generally 'better' / easier / more reliable etc than AWS (excluding the higher cost) now that they have both bedded in a bit.
Snapshots are quite nice
Snapshots are quite nice, I've used them in VirtualBox a fair bit, and they could *significantly* reduce your storage use (and so, costs.) This will save Google the cost of storing potentially thousands of copies of the exact same data too.
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Human spacecraft dodge COMET CHUNKS pelting off Mars