Feeds

back to article Facebook unwraps SHARING IS CARING photo album function

Facebook has created a new photo-sharing feature that will allow users of the free content ad network to post snaps to an album that can be populated by up to 50 contributors. Each Facebooker can share up to 200 photos within the album – which means it could contain anything up to 10,000 pictures submitted from a variety of …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge

"really excited for launch because we think people will use [shared albums] in ways that we're not even thinking of".

If someone post CP, will Zuckerberg be held reponsable ?

WTF?

No. And neither would your ISP for transmitting them.

Trolling much ?

Devil

No Doubt all photos will be carefully vetted

Most likely by the marketing department and i am sure they will flag doggy content under the don't want to look bad for hosting this stuff PR angle.

Silver badge

I admit to trolling a little but at the same time El Zuck should calm down a little. Facebook is not a platform capable of doing everything and anything, which apparently he would like it to do.

I was morever making a jibe at the "in ways that we're not even thinking of" remark... It is one of the most egotistical and false remarks that can be made by anyone.

Obviously the CP remark was going rile up someone.... such is the way with the web these days.....

Silver badge
Trollface

Re: "El Zuck should calm down a little"

Why so ? He's adding a new ad platform to his ad distribution network. He's probably going to rake in even more dough before the end of the year because of that. These days, that's probably the only thing that can get him excited any more.

Silver badge

He is/was also excited about the idea of providing an internet coneciton to the worlds starving populations....

@Mitch I am sure that you meant "Dodgy" or was the doggy a little lapsus révélateur......

Coffee/keyboard

Ah oops I did mean dodgy but I suppose it could depend on the picture itself.

Anonymous Coward

Soundtrack for this feature ...

Queues The Shins' "Caring is Creepy"

We already have such a photo sharing forum

It's called Flickr. And they don't degrade all of your photos when you upload them.

Silver badge

Re: We already have such a photo sharing forum

No but they do charge if you want to see more than the last 200 photos uploaded last I checked. I do pay and use flickr instead out of general hate of everything Farcebork.

Still playing catch up with google then...

Meanwhile on google plus, you can do this plus have automatic "Event" mode, in which anyone who is coming to the event can enable this, and all photos taken between the two times (of the start and end of the event) will automatically be added to the album....

So that'll be coming to a facebook soon then?

Gimp

@ DJ Smiley - Re: Still playing catch up with google then...

Just wait until it really is popular. Then it will turn out to have, in the future, already formerly been invented as "iEventShare", an earlier patented way that is new, creative and beautiful!

Silver badge
Big Brother

Dear Smith family--great looking barbecue! But don't sauce the chicken until after cooking!

Your vigilant friend,

Keith Alexander

(Oh come on! You knew that that somebody was going to take a jab at the NSA here.....)

Silver badge

So let me get this straight...

... it's a service where people join by invitation, and where they in a semi-secret environment can share photos of something they're interested in?

What could possibly go wrong?

Bronze badge

What am I missing

A facebook announcement of a feature that could be useful, and seems neither infuriating nor exploitative, and doesn't break existing privacy setting? Surely I have misunderstood.

This topic is closed for new posts.