Feeds

back to article Cryptome suffers brief take-down over Japanese 'terror' files

Longstanding whistleblower site Cryptome.org is back online after a brief takedown, sparked by its hosting of a list of alleged Japanese terrorists. The takedown by host Network Solutions came as a result of a complaint signed Sima Jiro, who complained that the 114 documents in a file identified as jp-terrorist-files.zip …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge

A leak site which isn't the personal litterbox of a paranoid conspiracy clown?

Refreshing. Good job, Cryptome.

Bronze badge
Mushroom

Re: A leak site which isn't the personal litterbox of a paranoid conspiracy clown?

Cryptome is Wikileaks older, wiser and sober sibling. If Julian Assange cared about anything besides notoriety and his personal image, Wikileaks would be more like Cryptome instead of a collection of some odds and ends nobody cares about, like the TADS output from an AH-64D gunship, diplomatic cables from the 80's and Cult Church of Scientology's 1950's-esq space alien/pulp sci-fi plot outline dressed up as a religious text. Cryptome's actually got some stuff you probably don't know about. Alot of the better information about Continuity of Government that's easily accessable and isn't ultra right-wing Patriot Movement/Alex Jones/David Icke/Ron Paul type insanity is on Cryptome, for example.

I wonder how the French DCRI felt about getting assloads of messages from the Japanese PSIA in Japanese Government-grade Engrish as opposed to French. And as almost everyone named in the files is Algerian, Tunisian, or Moroccan, I'm honestly surprised that the PSIA didn't also ask Spain's Centro Nacional de Inteligencia and the UK's Security Service in the same RFI letters, especially given that Spain and the UK have actually been attacked by Terrorists with connections to North Africa in the not too distant past.

Bronze badge

Re: A leak site which isn't the personal litterbox of a paranoid conspiracy clown?

I've heard of but am not familiar with cryptome, but here's one who's newletter I subscribed to <http://www.fas.org/>, the federation of american scientists.

Quality stuff and genuinely interesting. Wish I had time to read it again.

Genie out of bottle

Is Sima Jiro a terrorist then?

cryptome is back online but the disputed file is not

While cryptome is back online, the jp-terrorist-files.zip file is not, see how this is 404

http://cryptome.org/2013/08/jp-terrorist-files.zip

Re: cryptome is back online but the disputed file is not

The link (FTA) was updated and now points to a mirror. Behold, the Streisand Effect.

Anonymous Coward

Japanese Terrorists? Would these be people so foul as to be civil servants with tattoos who are yet to be fired?

This topic is closed for new posts.