Australian computer boffins reckon game theory can be applied to build better spam filters. The new spam classifier, developed by Professor Sanjay Chawla, Fei Wang and Wei Liu of the University of Sydney, outsmarts would-be spammers by predicting the likely pattern of future spam runs by learning from past attacks. The two …
Maybe she wants a better spam filter?
I received an email directing me to this article to learn how to better please my woman.
I don't know if I should be amused.
Hopefully she should be
Repitition, Repitition, Repitition
The two researchers...have put together a model for a spam filter that uses ideas from "repetitive game theory" ...
The reference to "repetitive game theory" was cribbed from other reports, even if put in quotes. Nowhere in the original reference is this phrase used. It is "game theory." Games may be repeated as part of the analysis, but it is still just "game theory." There was good reporting elsewhere in the article, though.
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? NO, it's the Most Exquisite THING. EVER