The New South Wales Independent Commission Against Corruption (ICAC) has cast its eye over the IT sector, and suspects that there's a gap between project management practise and the real world that opens the door to corruption. The issue the ICAC is trying to address is the way that a shift from staff to contractors can open the …
Your "Corrpution" is corrupt
+++OUT OF CHEESE ERROR - REDO FROM START+++
Well... There goes my company's business model.
There's corruption in NSW government procurement? Didn't William Bligh fix it years ago?
Oh, wait ...
They forgot one bullet-point ...
... keep the fucking government & attendant paperwork the hell out of IT!
Nobody, and I mean NOBODY in politics has any clues about IT.
Re: They forgot one bullet-point ...
Not a terribly useful comment - unless the state stops using IT entirely, it's going to have to procure IT.
I don't get it
What are they saying to do that isn't part of current best practice anyway? All their recommendations are things that have been done to more or less a degree on any half decently run project for an awfully long time.
I suspect ICAC have cast their eye over PUBLIC SECTOR IT projects rather than the sector as a whole to come up with this conclusion
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR