Feeds

back to article 'Abel, put that camera down right now! Abel, you're fired. Out!'

This was the week where we all heard AOL boss Tim Armstrong publicly fire a hapless camera-toting creative in the middle of a tense conference call about the fate of local news platform Patch. The meeting took place last week, but the audio was leaked just a few days ago, when we were all treated to a recording of the moment the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge

A bridge too far?

" Really effective trolling is witty and pointed, not abusive or proselytizing."

I've always maintained that a proper troll has a good command of the language and (if the fishing origins are to be followed) carefully drags the shiny lure through the water rather than chucking in sticks of explosives.

A good troll has you muttering 'bastard' under your breath rather than bold caps of Anglo-Saxon.

Anonymous Coward

"Abel, you're fired, out!"

That's just typical of these brash Americans with no manners or common courtersy. Doesn't he know it should be:

Abel, you've just been in this boardroom too many times, so it's with regret I have to say .... Abel, you're fired

BTW did the tapes reveal if Abel replied

Thanks for the opportunity, Tim

?

MrT
Bronze badge

Abel Lenz...

... the cameraman. Sounds born for the job. Was he any good?

At risk of over-exposure, I'll f-stop now...

Bronze badge

QOTW?

I still haven't fully grasped the point of the QOTW articles. Smells like click-bait. My mother always said, if you have nothing to say, then don't say anything.....

Anonymous Coward

Re: QOTW?

... but did we listen?

I keep hearing about "Oracle's Java language", but as I recall Sun released it into the public domain before Oracle bought the company. So it ain't Larry's.

Bronze badge

I like my women like I like my flash storage - dense and cheap.

This topic is closed for new posts.