Sony is linking arms with US media goliath Viacom to show top channels on PlayStation games consoles and smart TVs, it is claimed. An insider whispered to the Wall Street Journal that Sony had reached a preliminary agreement with Viacom to stream its cable channels alongside on-demand content on the Japanese giant's new internet …
So much for the "PS4 is more games focused" argument.
this is announced months after e3, and unlike msft they showed games, and didn't bleat on endlessly about very usa-centric tv for the first 50% of the reveal and alienate all the people who'd usually buy xboxes (gamers)
why? Becuase they are adding TV as a bonus, and not as the main reason to have a ps4? Unlike certain other flip flop console makers
Flip Flop Consoles....
....excellent idea, could be powered by excess energy generated from the flip-flopping action, perfect for the beach......
Talking to the Wrong People?
Viacom, Time Warner, CBS and Disney? Meh.
They'd be better to have a chat with HBO and the BBC?
... all of which's content won't be available to watch in the UK....
Wow no mention of the Vita? Even Sony has given up on that turd. I guess when you only sell 5 million units after well over a year the system becomes an afterthought.
The Facebroke of TV? Wait, that's an insult to FB.
Oh how generous.
It is the right type of channels to target Playstation users from my personal experience.
(Maybe not down market enough perhaps something like Babestation would be more appropriate).
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- Vid Find email DIFFICULT? Print this article out and give it to someone 'techy'
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Google+ goes TITSUP. But WHO knew? How long? Anyone ... Hello ...