Syrian hacktivists claim they are the vandals responsible for scribbling over the websites of CNN, Time mag and The Washington Post yesterday. But these latest boasts by the Syrian Electronic Army (SEA) are somewhat misleading, according to computer security experts who say that the hacking crew actually ransacked Outbrain - a …
Russians or Iranians.
Yeah figured that...
...when I went onto cnn.com to do some "research" yesterday and after a couple of clicks around found myself on a SEA defacement site...
Suitably titled company name Outbrain
Seems the staffers at Outbrain were following the company name and removing their brain before responding to the phishing email.
Re: Suitably titled company name Outbrain
Agreed. For a company that operates online they sound pretty eff'n clueless. One would think in this day and age all employees should know how to spot a dodgy password request etc, even my mother can tell you what a phishing scam is and what to look for.
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Worstall on Wednesday Wall Street woes: Oh noes, tech titans aren't using bankers
- Video of US journalist 'beheading' pulled from social media