The website of The New York Times was unavailable for at least an hour on Wednesday morning, but the newspaper says the outage wasn't due to malicious attacks, as some had feared. The NYT website first went dark around 11:30am Eastern Time and continued to display nothing but a terse "Service Unavailable" error for several hours …
All the news that fits
Oh, was the New York Times offline today?
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Analysis BlackBerry's turnaround relies on a secret weapon: Its own network
- Hire and hold IT staff in 2015: The Reg's how-to guide