Baidu has signed a $1.9bn deal to buy Android app distributor 91 Wireless, giving the Chinese search giant a second Android app store and, critically, a bigger footprint in the gaming business. Chinese search giant Baidu announced its intention to buy 91 Wireless last month, despite already having its own Android application …
Cameron should have taken the important points from the Chinese. (Block Facebook and Twitter). Instead of what he did.
Right now Google would be better off signing a deal with Baidu to serve the Chinese Android market as the official Android store, and bake that setting into Android devices, sourcing content from the Google safe Android market.
99.99999999999999% of all malware stories relate to Chinese users using knock-off chinese storefronts laiden with Malware.
Re: Right now
I thought being able to choose app store was a good thing? it seems most people now say to only get stuff from Google Play rendering that argument null and void.
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft