Australian federal government websites – everything in the gov.au domain that's managed at the federal level – are frantically putting moderators onto anything that resembles online engagement. From the time that the Prime Minister visited the Governor-General in Yarralumla to request that she dissolve the parliament, “caretaker …
In three words ...
Stop the Quotes!
It is also used by government departments as an excuse for not doing anything at all. As in, no I can't respond to your request for information, because for the next N months we are in caretaker mode.
- Apple stuns world with rare SEVEN-way split: What does that mean?
- Special report Reg probe bombshell: How we HACKED mobile voicemail without a PIN
- RIP net neutrality? FCC boss mulls 'two-speed internet'
- Sony Xperia Z2: 4K vid, great audio, waterproof ... Oh, and you can make a phone call
- Pic Tooled-up Ryobi girl takes nine-inch grinder to Asus beach babe