Australian federal government websites – everything in the gov.au domain that's managed at the federal level – are frantically putting moderators onto anything that resembles online engagement. From the time that the Prime Minister visited the Governor-General in Yarralumla to request that she dissolve the parliament, “caretaker …
In three words ...
Stop the Quotes!
It is also used by government departments as an excuse for not doing anything at all. As in, no I can't respond to your request for information, because for the next N months we are in caretaker mode.
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Special Report How Britain could have invented the iPhone: And how the Quangocracy cocked it up
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- Massive! Yahoo! Mail! outage! going! on! FOURTH! straight! day!
- Bring it on, stream biz Aereo tells TV barons – see you in Supreme Court