Packet-pusher Juniper Networks is under investigation by the Department of Justice and the Securities and Exchange Commission, it has emerged. The regulators are pursuing the company over "possible violations" of the anti-bribery US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, the company revealed in its 10-Q filing with the SEC on Thursday …
This is what happens if you don't comply with the NSA?
No, it's more likely that this is what happens when you try to avoid a 310% import tax. (unless it's gone up since 2001)
Nope, no money in these pockets...
Just making sure the good ol' USA gets its cut
As these investigations typically result in either a payment to the US Gov to drop the case ,or a simple monetary fine to the company involved, it is really just a case of making sure the USA government gets a cut of any Foreign Bribery that goes on (that it finds out about).
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- Pics Facebook's Oculus unveils 360-degree VR head tracking 'Crescent Bay' prototype
- Crawling from the Wreckage THE DEATH OF ECONOMICS: Aircraft design vs flat-lining financial models
- Bargain basement iPhone shoppers BEWARE! eBay exposes users to phishing vuln
- Google+ GOING, GOING ... ? Newbie Gmailers no longer forced into mandatory ID slurp