Flash memory biz Fusion-io's latest results show ever-deepening losses, with management talking of OEM channel conflict to be sorted out. Can this once high-flying server flash supplier take off and fly again? When low-hanging fruit pickers come down to Earth they rarely fly so high again. Look at sTec, OCZ and Nexsan. Their …
Shane Robison at Fusion IO?
Where have I heard that name before?
LinkDin has four of them.
Is it this one?
"He led many of HP's merger deals and R&D efforts. "
And people are surprised at the difference he made at Fusion-IO?
On LinkDin he has 500+ connections. No recommendations though. How's that happen?
Years ago their tech was great - now it's good but others are promising more for less. I remember we wanted to get one of their cards to trial for a project - ok not 'Apple' scale purchases but could have been a nice ongoing order - but to say it was hard going was an understatement. So we never bought their cards and went with a different solution. Fast forward a year or so and they are (now) dead keen - how can they help type of attitude. Unfortunately that boat had sailed and anyone buying their stuff now has to consider 'are they likely to be here in 12-24 months' and factor that risk against other solutions?
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Human spaceships dodge ALIEN BODY skimming Mars
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know