Devilishly fast flash data access is on its way, courtesy of SMART Storage interfacing a DIMM-like flash product to a host's memory bus using Diablo Technologies' MCS TeraDIMM technology SMART's ULLtraDIMM product has what it says is ultra low latency compared to existing SSDs and PCIe flash cards. It inherits all of the MCS …
low latency is good
Since you'll need to swap to these things since you pulled half your memory out to make way for them.
So more p()rn downloaded faster?
Beer I think.
Love it... except the name: ULLtraDIMM
And people in marketing get paid so much to come up with this stuff. Surely that's evidence that there is no God?
Doesn't sound very bright to me.
Fantastic bit of kit
Where do I hand over my cash?
Is it addressed as standard memory, memory through a special driver, standard storage, storage through a special driver or something even more proprietary.
I would love a cheap dual processor multi TB memory server.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: Redmond must let feds into foreign servers