Enterprise storage upstart Nasuni claims that customers who store their data in Nasuni front-ended clouds have never lost any of their data. Nevertheless, the company is adding mirroring to its service to guard against cloud data loss. Nasuni - whose C-round funding El Reg covered last year - says its customers, who have Service …
That is a dangerous move
Saying that your data is protected, but it could be more protected, is stupid.
It implies that the initial level of protection may not be enough, although they have marketed it as sufficient.
It also creates client tiers, with some having better protection than others.
I fear it can only end in tears.
And as far as uptime is concerned, it's not very smart to point and laugh at other's failures.
When they hit a snag, they'll get theirs big time.
Because it's never if, just when.
Re: That is a dangerous move
doesn't seem dangerous to me? data can always be protected more, double mirroring, triple(or more), on site, off site, off country, off continent, off-line, on a satellite in orbit..whatever.. more flexibility is always good as long as it doesn't make things too much more complicated for the customer (that includes information on costs).
- Product round-up Coming clean: Ten cordless vacuum cleaners
- Vulture at the Wheel Ford's B-Max: Fiesta-based runaround that goes THUNK
- Worstall @ the Weekend BIG FAT Lies: Porky Pies about obesity
- 'Snoopers' Charter IS DEAD', Lib Dems claim as party waves through IP address-matching
- Yahoo! blames! MONSTER! email! OUTAGE! on! CUT! CABLE! bungle!