Feeds

back to article Twitter hardens two-factor authentication with app-based secure logins

Barely two months after rolling out two-factor authentication, Twitter has beefed up its login procedures yet again, both to improve security and to make two-factor available to more Twitter users worldwide. Twitter launched two-factor authentication in late May with a system based on SMS messaging. While that was good enough …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Bronze badge
Facepalm

TFA

Its a shame they've not adopted the Google Authenticator app for their security. I use this on Google, Facebook and Dropbox amongst others and it works really well. Plus as there are Open Source implementations, its available for multiple devices.

I find it works well and reliably.

My fear is that with TFA becoming more popular and accepting, we're all going to have to carry around rucksacks stuffed full of OTP generators. The good lady already frets about making sure she's got her HSBC pin generator when she needs it. If companies aren't careful, they'll end up loosing business because TFA is too complicated to manage.

Ridiculous

They've invented their own authentication scheme. This can only end well.

This topic is closed for new posts.