speaking_in_tech Greg Knieriemen podcast enterprise In the latest Speaking in Tech podcast, your hosts Greg Knieriemen and Ed Saipetch talk about folk who still mend their own servers, sometimes with the help of a nifty rack-mounted flashlight-cum-laser pointer. Get with the programme, bumpkins: pay to inhale some cloud. Oh, …
What happens if the premises floods or burns down taking all your data with it?
Then you'll have the satisfaction of knowing you did it *right*.
Which will console you enormously as you retype all that data (or retype your CV ahead of the impending job hunt).
"On prem" does not mean "on a single premises". It's common sense, but a good disaster recover strategy should span multiple locations but it doesn't have to be in the public cloud.
...can be led down any profitable path by a charlatan.
Re: The sheeple...
Ironically, I think those who use the word 'sheeple' have been led down a path...it was not very funny when it first appeared, and it really, really is rather hackneyed now.
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Android engineer: We DIDN'T copy Apple OR follow Samsung's orders