Security researchers have uncovered what appears to be a malware-based attack targeting Indian military or government entities and designed to steal information. The malware linked to the attack "contains specific artifacts that [link it] to a commercial Pakistani entity," according to security intelligence firm ThreatConnect. …
>anti-malware firm Norman AS published a report (PDF)
Nice try. You're not going to fool me with your booby-trapped PDF.
Re: NIce Try
Are you in the mid-west, too?
Flash information stealing malware?
"The SFX dropper contained multiple custom executable files, as well as legitimate Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library files, which are part of the codebase used to develop and required to execute the backdoor code."
Indian and Pakistani cyber ops usually have about as much subtlety as a note attached to a brick flung through the front window.. I wonder if they're learning or if this was an operation misdirection.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Product round-up The Glorious Resolution: Feast your eyes on 5 HiDPI laptops