Security researchers have uncovered what appears to be a malware-based attack targeting Indian military or government entities and designed to steal information. The malware linked to the attack "contains specific artifacts that [link it] to a commercial Pakistani entity," according to security intelligence firm ThreatConnect. …
>anti-malware firm Norman AS published a report (PDF)
Nice try. You're not going to fool me with your booby-trapped PDF.
Re: NIce Try
Are you in the mid-west, too?
Flash information stealing malware?
"The SFX dropper contained multiple custom executable files, as well as legitimate Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library files, which are part of the codebase used to develop and required to execute the backdoor code."
Indian and Pakistani cyber ops usually have about as much subtlety as a note attached to a brick flung through the front window.. I wonder if they're learning or if this was an operation misdirection.
- Updated Hidden network packet sniffer in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- Students hack Tesla Model S, make all its doors pop open IN MOTION
- RISE of the Jesus Phone MOUNTAIN: Apple orders 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s
- BBC goes offline in MASSIVE COCKUP: Stephen Fry partly muzzled
- PROOF the Apple iPhone 6 rumor mill hype-gasm has reached its logical conclusion