Latvia will extradite an alleged pusher of the online bank account raiding Trojan Gozi to the US - despite opposition from the Baltic republic's foreign minister. Deniss Calovskis, 27, and two other alleged co-conspirators (Russian national Nikita Kuzmin and Mihai Ionut Paunescu, a 28-year-old Romanian) were accused of …
Unfortunately, those who had their $$$ absconded with, will have to wait for their bank accounts to be "repaired".
A friend of mine has been waiting for over 5 years from a similar problem of having his (over $100k) bank account drained. The nice government people "locked" his account (and his name trying to get a new account) as he waits to get a portion (FDIC only gets you $100k) of his money back. They keep saying "any day now".
It is funny the media has stopped mentioning the fairly recent Irish bank robbery where they got away with some fairly substantial quantity of Euros.
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Review Vulture trails claw across Lenovo's touchy N20p Chromebook