The big brainbox of Yahoo! Hadoop spinoff Hortonworks has bounced out of the company in uncertain circumstances. Eric Baldeschwieler's departure was announced by Hortonworks chief Rob Bearden in a blog post on Tuesday. "We are extremely appreciative of all of Eric's contributions over the past few years and wish him all the best …
Be careful with Hortonworks!
Things are really going south at Hortonworks. Eric was very well liked there and highly respected by the engineers. The opposite is true of Rob Bearden. The company has recycled their entire employee base 3 or 4 times. Most of the people who have been there for 1+ year are very unhappy with things. Lots of fresh hires keep showing up to replace the jaded by reality people. They are struggling against keeping up with Cloudera on all fronts. Rob’s post on the Hortonworks blog is just him trying to save face. Rob’s an ex-Oracle sales guy who doesn’t care about open source or Hadoop. This is just how he sees a way to quickly flip a company and make some $$ in the process.
Anybody looking to do business with HW should be very careful and do their own due diligence research on that mess of a company.
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise
- NASA finds first Earth-sized planet in a habitable zone around star
- Reddit users discover iOS malware threat
- Pics R.I.P. LADEE: Probe smashes into lunar surface at 3,600mph