Steve Scott, the system interconnect expert who was the lead designer for the three most current generations of node-lashing routers and server interconnect interfaces for Cray supercomputers, has a new gig at hyperscale data center operator Google. For the past two years, Scott has been the chief technology officer for Nvidia's …
My first reading of the article titile was "Ex-crazy supercomputer interconnect guru..."
Random patent question
How did he end up with the patents if he was working for Cray when he developed those things?
You can be the inventor, but not owner of a patent. I am listed by the USPTO as sole inventor of a patent for adaptive systems, but Applied Materials is the owner. They get the $$ and I get the credit... That and $5 gets you a nice cuppa at Starbucks! :-)
Can't help but feel Sandia had more to do with the SeaStar design than Cray (portals, SUNMOS, etc etc)
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests