Steve Scott, the system interconnect expert who was the lead designer for the three most current generations of node-lashing routers and server interconnect interfaces for Cray supercomputers, has a new gig at hyperscale data center operator Google. For the past two years, Scott has been the chief technology officer for Nvidia's …
My first reading of the article titile was "Ex-crazy supercomputer interconnect guru..."
Random patent question
How did he end up with the patents if he was working for Cray when he developed those things?
You can be the inventor, but not owner of a patent. I am listed by the USPTO as sole inventor of a patent for adaptive systems, but Applied Materials is the owner. They get the $$ and I get the credit... That and $5 gets you a nice cuppa at Starbucks! :-)
Can't help but feel Sandia had more to do with the SeaStar design than Cray (portals, SUNMOS, etc etc)
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- DINOSAUR SLAYER asteroid strike was DEVILISHLY inconvenient timing
- Bring back error correction, say Danish 'net boffins