It looks like Oracle is getting ready to roll out another in its line of so-called "engineered systems" – stacks of hardware and software tuned for very specific workloads. This one, which Oracle is getting set to announce in a webcast on August 13, will be aimed at "enterprise virtualization." Presumably it will have a name …
The others that you forgot to mention are vBlocks from VCE and Flexpods from NetApp/Cisco/VMware.
Will be interesting to see what Oracle are doing for storage, will it use a ZFS based system, a Nutanix like system or Pillar Axiom type tech?
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Hey, YouTube lovers! How about you pay us, we start paying for STUFF? - Google
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Vid BONFIRE of the MEGA-BUCKS: $200m+ BURNED in SECONDS in Antares launch blast
- Tim Cook: The classic iPod HAD to DIE, and this is WHY