It looks like Oracle is getting ready to roll out another in its line of so-called "engineered systems" – stacks of hardware and software tuned for very specific workloads. This one, which Oracle is getting set to announce in a webcast on August 13, will be aimed at "enterprise virtualization." Presumably it will have a name …
The others that you forgot to mention are vBlocks from VCE and Flexpods from NetApp/Cisco/VMware.
Will be interesting to see what Oracle are doing for storage, will it use a ZFS based system, a Nutanix like system or Pillar Axiom type tech?
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? If you think 3D printing is just firing blanks, just you wait