The chip firm from Boise, Idaho, has done well – Micron has finally closed its deal to buy bankrupt Japanese DRAM-maker Elpida. This means Micron is now the number two DRAM chip-maker in the world after Samsung. Elpida's plant in Hiroshima, Japan For around $2.5bn, Micron gets Elpida's 300mm DRAM fab and has also bought a 24 …
I think AMSTRAD once had a stake in Micron
Hard to believe now.
But it's impressive that they have stayed in the game all this time.
Thumbs up for sticking to something and not "refocussing around our core competencies" IE selling everything in site and trying to live off licensing their IP.
Finally Japanese DRAM maker stuck a good deal and now Micron is number 2 in DRAM chip maker. This is really a good news
- iPad? More like iFAD: We reveal why Apple ran off to IBM
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES July 24