The chip firm from Boise, Idaho, has done well – Micron has finally closed its deal to buy bankrupt Japanese DRAM-maker Elpida. This means Micron is now the number two DRAM chip-maker in the world after Samsung. Elpida's plant in Hiroshima, Japan For around $2.5bn, Micron gets Elpida's 300mm DRAM fab and has also bought a 24 …
I think AMSTRAD once had a stake in Micron
Hard to believe now.
But it's impressive that they have stayed in the game all this time.
Thumbs up for sticking to something and not "refocussing around our core competencies" IE selling everything in site and trying to live off licensing their IP.
Finally Japanese DRAM maker stuck a good deal and now Micron is number 2 in DRAM chip maker. This is really a good news
- Review Reg man looks through a Glass, darkly: Google's toy ploy or killer tech specs?
- MEN WANTED to satisfy town full of yearning BRAZILIAN HOTNESS
- +Comment 'Stop dissing Google or quit': OK, I quit, says Code Club co-founder
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Apple tried to get a ban on Galaxy, judge said: NO, NO, NO