The chip firm from Boise, Idaho, has done well – Micron has finally closed its deal to buy bankrupt Japanese DRAM-maker Elpida. This means Micron is now the number two DRAM chip-maker in the world after Samsung. Elpida's plant in Hiroshima, Japan For around $2.5bn, Micron gets Elpida's 300mm DRAM fab and has also bought a 24 …
I think AMSTRAD once had a stake in Micron
Hard to believe now.
But it's impressive that they have stayed in the game all this time.
Thumbs up for sticking to something and not "refocussing around our core competencies" IE selling everything in site and trying to live off licensing their IP.
Finally Japanese DRAM maker stuck a good deal and now Micron is number 2 in DRAM chip maker. This is really a good news
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON