Rather than sending out dire warnings about the dangers of party balloons wasting helium, it's probably better to stem the losses from the world's largest users. That's the approach being taken by the CSIRO and Sydney's Macquarie University. Cryogenics, as The Register noted here, is a big consumer of helium. In 2005, the US …
hydrogen shyness has maybe gone too far
Maybe we should use more hydrogen instead of helium in some applications (when possible). Yes yes the Hindenburg oh boo hoo. I know humanities jimmies are still rustled over losing that big nazi blimp, but get over it.
- Comment Renewable energy 'simply WON'T WORK': Top Google engineers
- Useless 'computer engineer' Barbie FIRED in three-way fsck row
- Game Theory Dragon Age Inquisition: Our chief weapons are...
- 'How a censorious and moralistic blogger ruined my evening'
- Amazon warming up 'cheapo web video' cannon to SINK Netflix