Rather than sending out dire warnings about the dangers of party balloons wasting helium, it's probably better to stem the losses from the world's largest users. That's the approach being taken by the CSIRO and Sydney's Macquarie University. Cryogenics, as The Register noted here, is a big consumer of helium. In 2005, the US …
hydrogen shyness has maybe gone too far
Maybe we should use more hydrogen instead of helium in some applications (when possible). Yes yes the Hindenburg oh boo hoo. I know humanities jimmies are still rustled over losing that big nazi blimp, but get over it.
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Why can’t I walk past Maplin without buying stuff I don’t need?