Failure is not an option ... it's a distinct possibility
> For example, businesses will complain about the procurement strategy that public sector body is following if they think that strategy favours their competitor
Remarkable! You'd expect people or companies who felt they were being discriminated against to just sit quietly and let it go.
I wonder if the Cabinet Office, who investigate these complaints could ever come to the conclusion that most of them (In 19 per cent of the cases investigated no serious concerns were found) - the other 81% - DO actually have merit and the fault could simply be that the officials responsible for drafting the bids are a bunch of clueless bureaucrats who have no idea about what they want, how business works or even what is technically possible.
It could also help to explain why so many government projects are so utterly flawed.