Big Blue, which over the last year has been talent scouting a number of Australian regions via its Smarter Cities program, is to build a data centre in the remote Western Australian town of Geraldton. Geraldton has found itself becoming something of a surprise high-tech hub over recent years, partly courtesy of its proximity to …
Geraldton's not remote
It's a reasonable-sized regional city, and only 400 km from Perth. That doesn't count as remote.
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise
- NASA finds first Earth-sized planet in a habitable zone around star
- New Facebook phone app allows you to stalk your mates
- Battle of the Linux clouds! Linode DOUBLES RAM to take on Digital Ocean