The boss of Silicon Valley Cisco reseller Network Genesis has been indicted for selling counterfeit kit and sub-price products bought by the networking company's staff. According to the federal grand jury indictment, Cuong Cao Dang, sometimes known as Calvin Dang, bought counterfeit hardware for his San Jose reseller business …
Dang! I thought no one would notice!
They didn't.....for quite a while...
It doesn't appear to be the case here, but it just occurred to me that slipping counterfeit equipment into the channel would be a great way to hide surveillance kit right inside overseas companies. Fully PRC Compliant Cisco switches.
Re: Counterfeit Products
Better to use real (made in China) Cisco kit and just have it make a detour on the way to the boat.
Guess the NSA could have fingered Dang's gear ...
as they couldn't invoke the NSA keys CISCO has in it's real gear.
My Fair Share
Looks like an (ex?)employee wasn't getting what they considered their cut. A bit hard on the employees who weren't in on the shceme
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...