The boss of Silicon Valley Cisco reseller Network Genesis has been indicted for selling counterfeit kit and sub-price products bought by the networking company's staff. According to the federal grand jury indictment, Cuong Cao Dang, sometimes known as Calvin Dang, bought counterfeit hardware for his San Jose reseller business …
Dang! I thought no one would notice!
They didn't.....for quite a while...
It doesn't appear to be the case here, but it just occurred to me that slipping counterfeit equipment into the channel would be a great way to hide surveillance kit right inside overseas companies. Fully PRC Compliant Cisco switches.
Re: Counterfeit Products
Better to use real (made in China) Cisco kit and just have it make a detour on the way to the boat.
Guess the NSA could have fingered Dang's gear ...
as they couldn't invoke the NSA keys CISCO has in it's real gear.
My Fair Share
Looks like an (ex?)employee wasn't getting what they considered their cut. A bit hard on the employees who weren't in on the shceme
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Android engineer: We DIDN'T copy Apple OR follow Samsung's orders