Steady adaptation, no new products and no super-niche specialisation please: these were the three takeaways El Reg storage desk retrieved from a briefing with Alan Atkinson, vice president and general manager at Dell Storage. The impression we gained was that Dell is set on expanding its mainstream enterprise storage offering's …
looking for a unified iSCSI/FC ..
Quite a few people would say no to this... But I suspect none of them have hands on experiences with a SAN that offers both. I was in the same mindset 6 months ago, but I've since installed a VNX 5300 with both fabrics, and being able to use FC on hosts where performance is needed, then iSCSI on other areas (such as backup) offers amazing versatility.
We use Compellent gear for last 3 years and are moving it all to being 10Gb iSCSI, got to say it just works a treat. Dell have a bit of an issue here that Compellent can equally do iSCSI or FC just as good and then they are trying to push EqualLogic with iSCSI only.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of unusual BULGE FOUND ON MOON is SOLVED
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- China in MONOPOLY PROBE into Microsoft: Do not pass GO, do not collect 200 yuan