back to article Dead STEVE JOBS 'touts rival Lenovo gear' FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE

A man seemingly familiar to millions as Apple's tetchy tech tycoon Steve Jobs will star in adverts for cheap Chinese computers from Lenovo, according to reports. Actor Ashton Kutcher - who will play the late biz baron in forthcoming biopic Jobs - will be the new poster boy for the planet's largest shifter of PC boxes, we're …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. JoshOvki

To the lawyers!

How long until Apple apply for an injunction against this?

1. Toothpick

Re: To the lawyers!

Ashton Kutcher playing Ashton Kutcher touting Lenovo should be no problem.

Ashton Kutcher playing Steve Jobs touting Lenovo. Lawyers at the ready.

1. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
        Pint

Re: To the lawyers!

> Ashton Kutcher playing Steve Jobs touting Lenovo. Lawyers at the ready.

As long as you don't actually SAY this is supposed to be a re-imagining of Steve Jobs, things should be fine, right?

2. LarsG
      Meh

When

When the film is released America will once again believe the Great Jobs was a great charitable man who looked after his staff, was the nicest person you could hope to meet and who listened to others and took advice.

What a nice man they will say when they leave the cinema, what a shame his life was cut short, I never knew he invented the Internet, mobile phone, computer, keyboard....... Shoes, God....... What an amazing guy!

I mean, the US film industry distorts pretty much every historical fact there is.

1. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
        Coat

Soon!

Oh come on. Most everyone actually believes FDR managed the Great Depression. It's not only the film industry wot does it. And don't get me started on Iraq.

It's easy to sell a faked-up reality if people WANT to believe.

2. Jim in Hayward
        FAIL

Re: When

Silly Lars, everyone knows that Al Gore invented the internet!!

1. UncleDave
          Flame

Re: When

.... and global warming

2. JDX Gold badge

Dimitri Martin

Would have been a better fit looks-wise!

3. dogged

Cheap clones?

Seriously? Lenovo make nice kit. You can't beat a Thinkpad for quality.

1. freeman-number-2
      Facepalm

Shirley both Apple and Lenovo sell "cheap Chinese computers" but Apple's audience is more easily ripped off by huge mark-ups, bless them.

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. Vector
        Coat

Yes, they do. But why should Shirley care?

Mine's the one with the "Airplane" DVD in the pocket...

2. DeathSquid
      FAIL

IBM made great kit. I used to buy their Thinkpads all the time. Lenovo inherited this tradition of quality and slowly chipped away at it until I ceased to be a loyal customer. That was about 18 months ago; I have no idea if they have pulled out of their tailspin and no inclination to ever spend my money with them again. Big spending on Hollywood actors to tout their tat is simply indicative of their decline.

4. LinkOfHyrule
    Joke

Just had word from the head of the wardrobe department on this new Jobs film - apparently it was the easiest gig they have ever done - they just filled a trailer up with Levis and black turtle necks - job(s) done!

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I'm not sure how he'll play the part but Kutcher does look the spit of a young Steve Jobs, the guy who played him in 'Pirates of Silicon Valley' also looked a great deal like him. Jobs was quite a handsome chap in his 20s, probably contributed a lot to his Zeppelin sized ego.

1. Jay 2
      Pirate

In Pirates that was Noah Wyle. I'm pretty sure at some Apple conf he and Jobs played a bit of a joke on the audience and Wyle went out and pretended to be Jobs for a few mins.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

I think that film did a good job of getting over how much an arsehole Jobs was, this new one is more likely to be a beatification of sorts.

Another reason I love that film is the complete character assassination of Gates and Ballmer. Gates comes across as some creepy serial killer type and Ballmer (probably more accurately) is portrayed as an utter buffoon.

Good job all around.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

"Jobs was quite a handsome chap in his 20s"

Only if you bay at the moon too!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like