back to article Zuck on THIS: Mobile users propel Facebook to RECORD earnings

Facebook posted strong results for the second quarter of its fiscal 2013 on Wednesday, showing impressive growth in its advertising and payments businesses and earnings that soundly beat analysts' expectations. Revenue for the quarter was $1.81bn, a 53 per cent increase over the year-ago quarter. Of that total, 88 per cent (or …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Revenue from Mobile Ads is up... well thats probably because more often than not if you try to report a mobile ad so you can block it FB actually follows the link in the advert.. I've "clicked" on quite a few adverts on mobile fb on my S3... every single one of them has been a rogue click caused by FB obviously having purposely mis-sized the hotspots.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Mushroom

This.

Oh so much.

One of the reasons that I don't use the FacePalm app on any of my mobile devices - the ads get crowbarred into the Timeline and it's depressingly easy to click one by mistake.

Since there's no 'middle finger' icon, they can just Zuck off and die in a fire (see what I did there?)

2. ecofeco Silver badge
    Paris Hilton

Facebook

The "tramp stamp" of the Internet.

3. Lallabalalla

There are adverts on facebook?

Never seen one. Adblock.

1. bigtimehustler

Re: There are adverts on facebook?

Adblock in the facebook app on the timeline? hmmm... how exactly?

1. Anonymous Coward
        Thumb Up

Re: There are adverts on facebook?

Adblock is one of the most important features of an Android phone for me.

4. JDX Gold badge

Credit where it's due, they were struggling for ages to get mobile use up and find a way to generate revenue from mobile users.

5. lowwall

It all makes sense now

Now I understand. Years ago, Facebook put into action a fiendishly clever plan of regular privacy "gaffes" to ensure that those who were both interested in their personal data integrity and capable of doing something about it voluntarily removed themselves from the service. This has left Facebook with a user base that will accept anything at all.

6. jglathe
    Alert

The world is in a worse state than I thought...

Facebook. I hoped this would be over soon.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like