Public safety users need broadband radio access and should be allocated 20 MHz of spectrum in the 700 MHz band, according to an Australian parliamentary report. Emergency services have been seeking extra spectrum for years, while the government has seen the 700 MHz frequencies vacated by TV broadcasters during the move to …
not a chance
with an election coming, chance of sensible needed changes are minimal. No-one is giving the political parties money to do something sensible. Oh well something to bludgeon the greenie anti-technology and think of the children simplistico candidates with. The others will will look blank as the work of Mr Marconi is unknown to them, but they will have twitter. Given the severe congestion on some aviation frequencies, a 10 Meg band would be useful for recreational aviation too.
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Worstall on Wednesday Wall Street woes: Oh noes, tech titans aren't using bankers
- Video of US journalist 'beheading' pulled from social media