Micron has bragged it has the broadest SSD range in the industry during a July 18 investor call, claiming it outclasses all its competitors from Fusion-io to Toshiba. A slide from the event (registration required) backs this up, although Samsung is now represented in the PCIe area with its NVMe XS1715 SSD - co-incidentally …
16TB on one card?
Please dont raid 5 them.
Apart from lottery winners I doubt there's anyone with the right combination of stupidity and cash.
except for all the businesses around the world who this is targeted at...
It might be larger than you can envisage as cache but it would suit my users quite well.
Big data needs big memory
Back in 2001 we were wondering why some of our clients wanted our libraries compiled for 64bit. Big data is not done dirt cheap.
Re: Big data needs big memory
Yes, I remember ~2000 era when 4GB memory limit of 32-bit CPUs was seen as both impractically expensive in RAM and utterly unnecessary for most users. Now you struggles to run a fscking web browser in under 4GB!
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Android engineer: We DIDN'T copy Apple OR follow Samsung's orders
- Microsoft: Windows version you probably haven't upgraded to yet is ALREADY OBSOLETE
- Oz bank in comedy Heartbleed blog FAIL