Google has introduced a feature that lets administrators locate their cloud data next to their rented servers to reduce latency, bringing the Chocolate Factory's cloud closer to its rivals in terms of capability. The Regional Buckets feature was announced by Google on Monday along with Object Lifecycle Management and Automatic …
Seems like something google would have tried to configure by default. The closer the data is easily means less bandwidth, but would have a trickle effect of less utilization on servers. This could easily help them lower some of their infrastructure costs in hardware, network, and power.
- Review Ubuntu 14.04 LTS: Great changes, but sssh don't mention the...
- Vid CEO Tim Cook sweeps Apple's inconvenient truths under a solar panel
- Antique Code Show WTF happened to Pac-Man?
- HTC mulls swoop for Nokia's MASSIVE Chennai plant
- Study shows dangerous asteroid impacts hit Earth every six months