Database-as-a-service company Cloudant is pouring its own code into the Apache CouchDB project: the company wants to invigorate the open-source distributed database while halting development of its own fork of the tech. The code merge of Cloudant's tweaked BigCouch database into Apache CouchDB was announced on Monday, and brings …
Why confuse the issue?
Anyone really familiar with the vast collection of Apache projects knows the acronym SOFA already belongs to a completely different one - UIMA, where it stands for "Subject of Analysis". Now you'll have people thinking it has something to do with CouchDB.
(Of course, it's quite possible that you'd take a lot of unstructured text data, store it in CouchDB, and then extract parts of it into a SOFA for NLP processing with UIMA. What larks, Pip!)
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Android engineer: We DIDN'T copy Apple OR follow Samsung's orders
- Microsoft: Windows version you probably haven't upgraded to yet is ALREADY OBSOLETE
- Oz bank in comedy Heartbleed blog FAIL