Database-as-a-service company Cloudant is pouring its own code into the Apache CouchDB project: the company wants to invigorate the open-source distributed database while halting development of its own fork of the tech. The code merge of Cloudant's tweaked BigCouch database into Apache CouchDB was announced on Monday, and brings …
Why confuse the issue?
Anyone really familiar with the vast collection of Apache projects knows the acronym SOFA already belongs to a completely different one - UIMA, where it stands for "Subject of Analysis". Now you'll have people thinking it has something to do with CouchDB.
(Of course, it's quite possible that you'd take a lot of unstructured text data, store it in CouchDB, and then extract parts of it into a SOFA for NLP processing with UIMA. What larks, Pip!)
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Review Best budget Android smartphone there is? Must be the Moto G
- NSFW Confessions of a porn site boss: How the net porn industry flopped
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- OHM MY GOD! Move over graphene, here comes '100% PERFECT' stanene