Database-as-a-service company Cloudant is pouring its own code into the Apache CouchDB project: the company wants to invigorate the open-source distributed database while halting development of its own fork of the tech. The code merge of Cloudant's tweaked BigCouch database into Apache CouchDB was announced on Monday, and brings …
Why confuse the issue?
Anyone really familiar with the vast collection of Apache projects knows the acronym SOFA already belongs to a completely different one - UIMA, where it stands for "Subject of Analysis". Now you'll have people thinking it has something to do with CouchDB.
(Of course, it's quite possible that you'd take a lot of unstructured text data, store it in CouchDB, and then extract parts of it into a SOFA for NLP processing with UIMA. What larks, Pip!)
- Asteroid's DINO KILLING SPREE just bad luck – boffins
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- FTC to mobile carriers: If you could stop text scammers being jerks that'd be just great