back to article AMD is 'transforming', will be profitable this quarter, says CEO Read

AMD has entered phase two of its "restructure, accelerate, and ultimately transform" realignment project, says company president and CEO Rory Read, who sees brighter days ahead. "With our restructuring complete, our focus in the second half of the year is on continuing to accelerate our business," Read told the analysts and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. BornToWin

AMD is moving forward

AMD has definitely found new markets and products that are helping them rebuild in a very bad economic environment worldwide. That's impressive. A $29 millon quarterly loss on a billion dollars in sales is insignificant in the grand scheme of business. Some of the previous quarters AMD made good money but showed negative numbers because they purchased SeaMicro, bought out of exclusive CPU production with GloFo, etc.

Someone who doesn't understand the accounting - and there are many who fall into this category, falsely conclude that AMD has only experienced red ink in recent times, which is untrue. In addition SeaMicro will be bringing in nice revenue and developing new micro servers by Q4 of '13. It's good that AMD has made the painful transition but they seem well positioned going forward despite the naysayers.

1. Yet Another Commentard

Re: AMD is moving forward

Indeed.

There seems to be a sound business plan there, and the exec knows where he is going. They need to integrate better; I recall there being difficult times with the ATi purchase, almost as if AMD hadn't appreciated the sheer complexity of GPUs. I think SeaMicro was a good purchase, and I thought ATi was a good purchase.

Sadly that didn't stop a share price dip yesterday,

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It still only has a market cap of around £2 billion, which is peanuts. I'm surprised they haven't been bought out.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like