Israel is again the haunt of keen-eyed gesture-kit acquisition specialists, with Omek Interactive reportedly trousering $US40 million to fall into the warm embrace of Intel, and Apple paying more than passing attention to Primsense. Demonstrating its faith that world+dog wants nothing more than a computer they can wave at, …
<quote> its faith that world+dog wants nothing more than a computer they can wave at </quote>
It would be interesting to learn just how many "world+dog" actually equals...
I can understand people that have 5 metre interactive screens, think Jeff Fahey + Lawnmower Man or Tom Cruise + Minority Report, might require this functionality but "world+dog" don't really have the need or the requirement.
However, I am sure that there must be other usages for example: a warehouse person guiding an industrial robot ( modern fork lift), a steel industry worker moving molten lava about the shop floor ( at a distance)etc .... I presume that the army already have some nefarious ideas as well..
> It could be, however, that Cupertino would be just as happy to license PrimeSense's technology rather than buying the company outright.
Or, you know, "invent" it, patent it and sue the hell out of Primsense...
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES on 24 July
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR