Wi-Lan seems a step closer to having to wear the tag “patent troll”, with an East Texas federal jury tossing out its patent suit against Alcatel-Lucent, Ericsson, HTC and Sony. The patents at issue had been acquired from Airspan Networks. They included techniques such as channel pooling, subscriber terminals (mobile phones), and …
If there were no patent trolls, patent law, patents, a ban on patent cases then El Reg would have days where they'd struggle to find us some news.
A Reg where Orlowski&Lewis have even more time to post biased opinion pieces as news, misrepresent real research and generally crap all over the reg in their endless campaign against sanity... suddenly patent trolls don't look so bad!
Not happy about the failure of renewables, the absence of imminent warming geogeddon or the relative unimportance of the Fukushima nucular blowout?
After 15mins I'm still laughing :-)
The Reg posting biased news?
"A Reg where Orlowski&Lewis have even more time to post biased opinion pieces as news, misrepresent real research"
I disagree, it is their online mag, and besides the Reg does allow a lot of dissent in the comments section ...
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Microsoft refuses to nip 'Windows 9' unzip lip slip
- Tesla: YES – We'll build a network of free Superchargers in Oz
- US Copyright Office rules that monkeys CAN'T claim copyright over their selfies
- True fact: 1 in 4 Brits are now TERRORISTS