Researchers at the University of Wisconsin at Madison's Space Science and Engineering Center (SSEC) have come up with a novel idea for augmenting weather satellite coverage. SSEC has its own weather satellite in orbit, the Suomi NPP, and works in conjunction with NASA to use data from the agency's Terra and Aqua satellites. But …
Yo Mama so fat, she show up on Suomi pictures!
Nice bit of crowd sourcing there.
Don't you mean Cloud sourcing?
I see what you did there, very droll.
Citizen Science FTW
Compare and contrast this use of the Internet with that other story about the whining ad man.
(Suomi is Finnish for Finland, for all the people with cartoon question marks hovering over their heads).
"He's now seeking funding to get an Android version of SatCam out to widen the pool of potential pictures."
Why didn't he just develop it once in one of those cross-platform suites which then publishes to multiple platforms???
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids