Pivotal, the spinout from VMware and EMC that's trying to create the application platform of the future, is shipping its first product based on the Hadoop big data muncher. The new offering is called Pivotal HD, short for Hadoop distribution of course, and the 1.0 release will go after the Hadoop incumbents with add-ons and a …
It is truly amazing that Pivotal is able to include version 0.8 of Mahout even before Apache has released that version.
(a Mahout committer)
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- 20 Freescale staff on vanished Malaysia Airlines flight MH370
- Did Apple's iOS literally make you SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Neil Young touts MP3 player that's no Piece of Crap
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked