Pivotal, the spinout from VMware and EMC that's trying to create the application platform of the future, is shipping its first product based on the Hadoop big data muncher. The new offering is called Pivotal HD, short for Hadoop distribution of course, and the 1.0 release will go after the Hadoop incumbents with add-ons and a …
It is truly amazing that Pivotal is able to include version 0.8 of Mahout even before Apache has released that version.
(a Mahout committer)
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Ofcom will not probe lesbian lizard snog in new Dr Who series
- Kaspersky backpedals on 'done nothing wrong, nothing to fear' blather
- Episode 9 BOFH: The current value of our IT ASSets? Minus eleventy-seven...
- Too slow with that iPhone refresh, Apple: Android is GOBBLING up US mobile market