Pivotal, the spinout from VMware and EMC that's trying to create the application platform of the future, is shipping its first product based on the Hadoop big data muncher. The new offering is called Pivotal HD, short for Hadoop distribution of course, and the 1.0 release will go after the Hadoop incumbents with add-ons and a …
It is truly amazing that Pivotal is able to include version 0.8 of Mahout even before Apache has released that version.
(a Mahout committer)
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES on 24 July
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!
- Apple fanbois SCREAM as update BRICKS their Macbook Airs