Pivotal, the spinout from VMware and EMC that's trying to create the application platform of the future, is shipping its first product based on the Hadoop big data muncher. The new offering is called Pivotal HD, short for Hadoop distribution of course, and the 1.0 release will go after the Hadoop incumbents with add-ons and a …
It is truly amazing that Pivotal is able to include version 0.8 of Mahout even before Apache has released that version.
(a Mahout committer)
- Comment Renewable energy 'simply WON'T WORK': Top Google engineers
- Useless 'computer engineer' Barbie FIRED in three-way fsck row
- Game Theory Dragon Age Inquisition: Our chief weapons are...
- 'How a censorious and moralistic blogger ruined my evening'
- Amazon warming up 'cheapo web video' cannon to SINK Netflix