IBM is getting out of selling education and training services to customers for its Software Group and Systems and Technology Group, and shifting to an indirect sales model through a new training channel that it has set up. Steve Mills, who is in charge of the converged Software and Systems Group (which even IBM doesn't talk …
That's something else IBM doesn't do anymore then.
Beat me to it...
... indeed, just what *does* IBM make anymore? Apart from mainframes and Lotus Notes?
Re: Beat me to it...
CICS. 45 years old and still very much a cash cow.
IBM has been changing its mind very few years on education.
The IBM ED centers have generally been top notched until the tried video (remote training). That fell on its face (I walked out of a class and so did others). AFter that they retrenched and went back to face to face teaching. Then IBM started sinking and now very few want to attend the classes.
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Apple SILENCES Bose, YANKS headphones from stores
- Nobody wants to look at your boobs: Snapchat gets ads 'that interest you'
- TV Review Doctor Who's Flatline: Cool monsters, yes, but utterly limp subplots
- Vid NASA eyeballs SOLAR HEAT BOMBS, MINI-TORNADOES and NANOFLARES on Sun