A nasty new phishing campaign that aims to harvest Twitter login credentials is doing the rounds. The scam typically appears in the shape of direct messages to prospective marks from one of their contacts. Attackers are using messages such as "This person is threatening to expose something bad about you" with a link. The link …
Strange this is only hitting the headlines now - I encountered this months ago.
Me too. It's not really news...
"This person is threatening to expose something bad about you"
Uh, it's Twitter. People do not threaten to expose, they just damn well go ahead and expose.
Failure as far as intimidation is concerned.
Variants of this have been around as long as twitter has.
There's the "someone has written a bad blog.." "check out what this user is saying about you.." "somenoe posted a bad video of you.." etc etc
This may be news to someone who has never used twitter.
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Updated + vids WHOA: Get a load of Asteroid DX110 JUST MISSING planet EARTH
- 10 years of Facebook Inside Facebook's engineering labs: Hardware heaven, HP hell – PICTURES
- Very fabric of space-time RIPPED apart in latest Hubble pic
- Massive new AIRSHIP to enter commercial service at British dirigible base