Customers who want to fire up a Hadoop cluster on the Elastic MapReduce service offered by Amazon Web Services just got another distribution option. Oh yes. It's the MapR Technologies' full-tilt-boogie M7 Edition. The MapR team is talking up the performance of its variant of the big data muncher Hadoop when using the flash- …
I need that like I need a hole in the head. Cloud services is simply a new buzzword for an old idea. The idea of storing your data on servers connected to the internet so it can be accessed anywhere. Put it on you're own servers. Keep control of your data. make sure your intelectual property stays in your hands, your control.
Amazon has a history of no encrypting data even when they claim they do, and I assure you, at some point they and many others are going to find some way of getting ownership of the files and intelectual property.
Windows 9. Would be nice to see "the plan".
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? NO, it's the Most Exquisite THING. EVER