The ongoing rumor-fest over whether Apple will dump its longtime chip supplier Samsung and hook up with rival TSMC has taken yet another turn, with the latest report saying that, no, Apple isn't moving to TSMC for its A9 processor, scheduled for 2015, but is instead staying with Samsung. Or maybe – depending up which rumors you …
Who really cares about which chip foundry Apple or any other vendor uses?
This "article" isn't really anything but a relay of rumour. Not only that, but it's Apple's choice to select the supplier's they determine will best deliver to their expectations. They will declare that decision, for stockholders and SEC reporting purposes, making their decision public in the process. Those truely interested in Apple's choice of "chip shop" will find out then.
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Ofcom will not probe lesbian lizard snog in new Dr Who series
- Kaspersky backpedals on 'done nothing wrong, nothing to fear' blather
- Episode 9 BOFH: The current value of our IT ASSets? Minus eleventy-seven...
- Too slow with that iPhone refresh, Apple: Android is GOBBLING up US mobile market