This was the week when Apple was ruled guilty as charged in the ebook price-fixing case by US District Judge Denise Cote and will now face a trial for damages. The judge ruled that the fruity firm colluded with publishers to set the price folks should be paying for digital books and then sorted out a way to get that price. In …
Re: "the whole service will have to rely on clerical data entry, "
That would be an ecumenical matter...
Apple are losing a lot of court cases recently aren't they? Perhaps they're starting to realise that if you sue everybody for a multitude of stupid reasons, you are going to be spending a lot of money for not much return.
"an “a[i]kido move"
Brilliant!! Aikido moves are a lot about arm twisting.
and you're telling me all these App Stores aren't just the same thing, the real reason various companies want to go digital distribution and have DRM locks on used titles etc.
why aren't those things under the spotlight too?
' anti-pricewar territory' - check
'had become the “gatekeeper"' - check
'eliminating retail price competition' - check
'raising the prices for trade e-books (games)' - based on seeing higher prices on digital than retail boxes, check.
is it some new sense to join the senses?
All of a sudden I heard a sound of explosion-type firecracker, then I felt a strange chemical smell and my work pants began to catch fire.
how can you feel a smell??
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Why can’t I walk past Maplin without buying stuff I don’t need?
- Review 'Mommy got me an UltraVibe Pleasure 2000 for Xmas!' South Park: Stick of Truth
- The land of Milk and Sammy: Free music app touted by Samsung
- Privacy warriors lob sueball at Facebook buyout of WhatsApp