EMC has boosted the backup performance of its mid-range Data Domain boxes yet again by upgrading to Intel Sandy Bridge processors. Avamar, Mozy and NetWorker have all been revved up too. The news came at a hyped-up Backup and Recovery Systems launch in New York at which EMC claimed it had the longest pole in the tent for …
I'm impressed! Throwing ancient computer hardware from a moving plane at thousands of feet and they land within feet of each other! And that includes one which has its parachute deployed, thus varying its descent rate! I'm truly impressed at their ballistics skills.
Blast from the past
They upgraded to processors merely two generations behind the current, and this is monumental news?
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...