Western Digital is buying flash cache software startup VeloBit and its HyperCache product technology. HyperCache accelerates information access by relying on banks of fast RAM and putting a compressed copy of highly active data stored on disk into SSDs or any other kind of flash. The algorithms for doing this are said to lead …
Another top headline
- Tricked by satire? Get all your news from Facebook? You're in luck, dummy
- Feature TV transport tech, part 1: From server to sofa at the touch of a button
- Google straps on Jetpac: An app to find hipsters, women in foreign cities
- Updated Microsoft Azure goes TITSUP (Total Inability To Support Usual Performance)
- The Return of BSOD: Does ANYONE trust Microsoft patches?