Western Digital is buying flash cache software startup VeloBit and its HyperCache product technology. HyperCache accelerates information access by relying on banks of fast RAM and putting a compressed copy of highly active data stored on disk into SSDs or any other kind of flash. The algorithms for doing this are said to lead …
Another top headline
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Review Tough Banana Pi: a Raspberry Pi for colour-blind diehards
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'