It's become fashionable for the likes of Facebook and Twitter to reveal how often spooks ask them to retrieve data. Chinese micro-blogging giant Sina Weibo has now more or less done likewise and revealed its army of 5,500 community reviewers have been more busy dealing with spam complaints over the past year than politically …
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
....Sina’s team of 5,500 community censors will be expanded to a whopping 100,000.
Presumably the endgame here is a massive userbase that spend all their time censoring each other?
Re: a massive userbase that spend all their time censoring each other?
Congratulations! You've just discovered civilization! :-)
(but maybe we don't want to be /too/ civilized)
Re: Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
or even "qui custodiunt, qui custodiant custodes?" ...
Well £*&" up the !"£$ while it sits on [REDACTED] as they do [REDACTED] with a [REDACTED].
... "It is the latter that the Communist Party has been leaning on social media companies in the Middle Kingdom to stamp out as they are believed to disrupt social order"
Listening to rumours is treasonous, Citizen! - Your friend, The Computer.
Mine's the Ultraviolet Security Clearance one...
You take the brown line. It crashes. You die.
- iPad? More like iFAD: We reveal why Apple ran off to IBM
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- Yorkshire cops fail to grasp principle behind BT Fon Wi-Fi network